Botanical shower curtain options. | Door Sixteen

Botanical <a href=Shower Curtains - doorsixteen.com" width="740" height="1110" class="alignnone size-full wp-image-23152" />
Saskia Pomeroy Plants Shower Curtain, Urban Outfitters

Yesterday’s post about my bathroom makeover got me thinking about shower curtains. I mentioned that I’ve been considering putting removable wallpaper below the chair rail, but D16 reader MaryMargaret commented that the removable wallpaper she recently had installed in a powder room is now lifting at the seams. If that’s how it holds up in a bathroom without a tub/shower, then I have concerns. I don’t want to go the traditional wallpaper route because I’m renting.

Maybe getting my bold pattern fix by way of a great shower curtain is a better option! I still may paint the lower half of the wall another color just to ground the room a bit, too. I keep picturing a super-pale, slightly “dirty” pink.

Reader Sarah V. recommended the shower curtain at the top of the post, this happy, green, plant-covered beauty. I really like Saskia Pomeroy’s illustration style, and it looks like just the right green for my bathroom. So that one is on my list, for sure. I know I definitely want to stay in the green family, and bold, botanical prints are very appropriate for a house of this age.

Botanical <a href=Shower Curtains - doorsixteen.com" width="740" height="1202" class="alignnone size-full wp-image-23156" />

1. Ann Wessblad SYSSAN curtains, IKEA
2. Leaf Cluster Shower Curtain, Samantha Dolan/Society6
3. Lanai Palm Shower Curtain, Frontgate
4. Swaying Palms Fabric, Tommy Bahama
5. Tropical Neon Shower Curtain, Ghostly Ferns/Society6
6. Ashley Bird Shower Curtain, Pottery Barn

I did a double-take when I saw the price on that Frontgate shower curtain (I had no idea shower curtains could cost $379—I feel so naïve), but I think it’s made from the Tommy Bahama fabric in #4, so that’s another option—buy fabric by the yard, and make a shower curtain. A side bonus would be that I could make it extra-wide to wrap around the short side of my L-shaped tub. Hmmm. The same goes for the IKEA curtains—I’d have to do a little modification, but that would mean the length and width would be perfect. Hmmmmmm.

If you have any suggestions for green/botanical shower curtains that might look great in my bathroom, please share!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meynell Bonus / Mira Extra bath & thermostatic shower mixer tap. PEBS0026.1P • £289.99

Prosecutor says two attackers stabbed NMSU student to death | Lubbock Online