What direction should bathroom sink taps turn?

I know, silly question time.

As the title says, what way should you turn a sink tap to switch on/off? I'm talking about the traditional type of tap, seperate one for hot and one for cold (cross head type), not mixer type taps.

http://i31.twenga.com/garden-diy/tap...230704352b.jpg

I have checked google but seem to be getting conflicting advice. Mine are wrong at home but I am so used to them I now can't remember what way they are meant to turn.

My taps are hot left, cold right. To turn them on I have to turn the hot tap clockwise and the cold tap anti-clockwise

.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prosecutor says two attackers stabbed NMSU student to death | Lubbock Online

Black Frame Showers – Sophisticated With Modern Industrial Flair

Stay in a Tiny Shingled Cabin in Austria That Resembles a Bird-Like UFO